Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 22 January 2015

Birthday cards (by Maria)

Hello  everyone,

Aren't these stamps lovely for some sweet Birthday cards? I really think they are!
This card I made with a Tim Holtz technique.  First I took some smooth white paper, a mask and some  Antique Linen Distress Paint.  I let it dry, then I went over it with 3 different colours of Distress Stains, and again I let it dry. With Versafine Ink, I stamped  my flower border from the Poppy Edges stamp set and I stamped the flowers again on masking paper, cut them out and masked the flowers with the mask. Then I stamped the flowers from the new stamp set Fluttering Hearts behind the flower border. With my alcohol markers I coloured the flowers, but first I took out the colours from the flowers with some bleach. With my white gelly pen I gave the card some white accents, and on the border of the card I made a golden frame with Versamark and some golden embossing powder.


The second card is made with the same technique as the first one, I really hope you like my cards, and that you try out this technique it was really fun to do! Have another great crafting day, and enjoy!


Greetings,
Maria

16 comments:

  1. Two very beautiful cards Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really loving the first card but then I scrolled down and I really, really love the second one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty. Your background came out quite nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating to see two very different cards using the same technique. The first is my favourite with the dynamic contrasts of black & white midst the brilliant colours. The selective white outlining draws the eye beautifully. The second card catches the attention with your use of the bold aqua against the more muted tones.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoals ik al op jou blog schreef vind ik ze beiden heel mooi! De vlinder lijkt daar niet meer weg te willen en de harten als rand maken de 2e kaart helemaal af!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beide kaarten heel mooi jammer dat je alles steeds in t Engels schrijft

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beide Karten sind wunderschön, liebe Maria.

    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the technique, these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these cards, the colours you have chosen are excellent

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous birthday cards
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both stunning Maria but if I had to choose it would be the second for my personal favourite ..... I just love the dusky colours! I love the stencil you used in the background too, it's just been added to my collection ;-).

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!