Pin It button on image hover

Friday 9 January 2015

Fluttering Hearts in Pink (by Shirley)

Happy New Year !  I hope you are having a fabulous and creative 2015 so far. 

I have a design to show today featuring the heart & butterfly from the new gorgeous Fluttering Hearts stamp set.   I also used stamps from other sets that compliment the new one very well.


 


The background was created by blending Persimmon and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks.  I over stamped with flowers from Sunny Sunflowers using the same inks.




The flowers, leaves, butterfly and heart were embossed with gold, painted with water colour markers, fancy cut (decoupaged) and layered as shown.   I used leaves from Sunny Sunflowers and Fresh Blooms.   'Beauty' is from the fabulous Artistic Expressions set, which I use a lot.  I added gold embossing power around the edge of the background with a glue pen (& heated). 



Thanks for your visit, I hope you can come back often to see the beautiful designs created by my talented teammates.

Have a great day,
Shirleyx

12 comments:

  1. What a pretty card I love those vibrant pinks and the gold embossing looks lovely next to them
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mixture of oranges, pinks & reds for both background & focal images has created a lovely melding of the whole design whilst the gold embossing defines the various focal elements along with their decoupaging. I particularly like the way you used the deep burgundy for matting against the crisp white card base. The large gems appear to be faceted & as such echo the details of the the two bottom left leaves plus the veining of the butterfly's wings. Very exotic & quite majestically opulent - if that's not tautologically OTT?
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous . Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very nice. The pink and gold look lovely together. Such eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful Shirley and I love the mix of orangy pinks. The gold embossing and decoupaging of the images makes them stand out so prettily and the sunflowers and leaves complement the Fluttering Hearts perfectly. There is some lovely background stamping including that gorgeous gold embossed edge and a good contrast with the layering up. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, love the combination of colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I've 'pinned' so many ideas from you guys I think I should make a new 'Choc Baroque' board just for all your wonderfulness :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way that you used the heart, but not let it be the focal point! Great colours and beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely mix of stamps and colours to create a beautiful card Shirley!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly beautiful, the embossing has enriched the card, I love the sunflower stamp haven't got it but think I will have to have it as I've seen so many different ways it has been used all inspiring x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!