Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 18 January 2015

Garden Lace Scene By Florence

Hi everyone

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

Today I would like to share with you some cards made using the new Garden Lace Scene Stamp.  This is such a gorgeous image.  As you would expect from Chocolate Baroque stamps, the image stamps perfectly every time.  Lovely crisp lines and detail.




As this is such a beautiful image I decide to keep the first three cards simple in design with only the addition of sentiments from the Mackintosh Sentiments Rubber Stamp Set which go perfectly with this image.




I have just changed the colors of the ink I have used to stamp the image and the colors used to color the image in.




When I first looked at this stamp The Great Gatsby Sprang to mind.  The thought of elegant parties with guests dressed in their finery and sipping cocktails on the terrace resulted in the idea of combining the Garden Lace Scene image with one of the Fabulous Flapper Ladies.






These cards were easy to make.
I stamped my images with Archival Ink and colored them.
Card 1 and 2 I used ink and a damp paint brush to color the image.
Cards 3 and 4 I used water color crayons and a damp paint brush.
On card 4 I stamped the Flapper Lady onto a separate piece of white card, colored the image and attached it to the card using foam tabs.

Thank you for looking
Florence x

17 comments:

  1. They are all really beautiful.I like them all.
    Greetings
    Felicie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alle drei Karten sind wunderschön, wobei die dritte Karte mit der Lady mein absoluter Favorit ist.

    Grüße von Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous set of cards I especially the third one, the colours are stunning
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A superb progression of samples illustrating the beauty of a minimalist approach - the little scene is superbly complemented by Mackintosh's font. The deckle edging for the image is another super complement that enhances the whole design & I love your matting colours. Just noticed how the lacey edging of the scene is echoed by Mackintosh's 'o'. The flapper girl is indeed a super companion & I love your addition of the feather.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, all beautiful. I really enjoyed seeing them done in a variety of colours--it adds to the inspiration as I have my eye on this stamp. The flapper girl is a cool combination with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all lovely but the second one really catches my eye - very tranquil-feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTABULOUS creations, love each of them

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all gorgeous Florence but I particularly like the third one with the lovely mix of colours and the fourth with the flapper, but how different they all look with their different levels of colouring. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! What a genious set of cards, each more beautiful than the last, and the final one is just a delight, it's exquisite! Thank you for the inspiration with these beautiful stamps Flo. Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great simple showcasing of this stamp to make elegant cards. The MacIntosh fonts are a natural partner. I really love the addition of the flapper lady on the final card, what a happy marriage of complementary stamps. Lovely work. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone for your visits and comments they are very much appreciated.
    Enjoy the new stamps!
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, super that you show us how different colours make a totally different card! And what a beautiful stamp...

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all beautiful Florence and the Flapper Lady looks right at home! My personal favourite is the first one as it looks so delicate with just the touches of colour but they are all really delightful.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful set of cards, so varied and the flapper lady is an ideal addition to compliment the lovely colourful stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are absolutely beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing them.

    ceashark at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!