Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 17 January 2015

Heart Themed cards (by Debbie)

 
 
Three heart cards from me today with a love theme.
 
It was a pleasure to use a different coloured embossing powder to my usual black. The heart stamp shows how detailed it is as the powder isn't very fine. I cut it out and fixed with pads then stamped the 'I love you' from Party Words and Birds 
I drew the border freehand and matted with red before attaching to the base card.
 
 
 
I thought the three heart drop would look good on it's own.
I think if a bride is batch making cards they need to be simple and easy to repeat many times.
The hearts would lend to any colour. I stamped them a second time and cut out
 to decoupage the larger hearts the smaller was fixed to the 'e' from Save the Date.
 Party Words and Birds is are clear stamps that are a great go to set.
 
 
 
 
My third card uses the heart button from Fluttering Hearts.
I love bunting and I think this stamp will be used often on my cards.


 
 
Many Thanks for visiting
Debbie

12 comments:

  1. Lovely ideas and, as you mention, perfect for invites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three great designs Debbie. Love the CAS approach. Your hand drawn border is super. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, love the bunting idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drawn border complements the image beautifully on the first sample & I like the simple elegance of the black, white & red. The second sample is very striking indeed & I particularly like your heart on the e's tail. The strung heart buttons works beautifully & is another super card for male Valentine.
    It's a delight to see your refreshing CAS approach.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three lovely CAS cards and all great design ideas. The first is the classic valentine or anniversary card colours and love the hand drawn border. The second works perfectly for a wedding or perhaps engagement party reminder and the third with the hearts as a banner would also work with the middle of the heart masked so that small letters could be added too. Simple but effective ideas. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three lovely cards and I really like your hand drawn border on the first one
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three pretty cards. CAS is so in vogue these days. I have trouble with this and you nailed it right on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love CAS-cards and these are so beautifully designed!! Great how just one colour on white makes such an impression!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie your cards are stunning in their apparent simplicity ...... not so simple to create though but you are very skilled at this. The cards look very elegant and I love the idea of using them for wedding stationery.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!