Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Love is in the air (by Debbie)

 
 
Good morning. We take inspiration from many different places and my card today
was inspired by our Design Team member Doreen. She has made a couple of cards using her Gelli Plate and it prompted me to find mine and have a play.
 
 
 
I like to use Adirondack dye ink pads as the ink doesn't puddle on the Gelli Plate.
I inked the plate with a brayer using Stream coloured ink pad then place the heart stamp from Fluttering Hearts onto it. Each time I cleaned the stamp with kitchen paper to remove the ink.
 When I had filled the plate I laid the card onto it, taking a print. The advantage of using the ink is that the plate is much easier to clean.
The topper is stamped with Black Memento ink and coloured with alcohol pens. I love the blue and red together so matted onto red card.
 
At the end of last year I attended a journal class. I decided I would use it for techniques that I love
 and would be able to catalogue my favourite bits and bobs.
The background for these pages was a sheet of card that I had sprayed inks and shimmer sprays.
I glued it into my journal ready to add to at a later date.
I stamped the hearts with red ink and stencilled onto the pages.
The words are from Artistic Expressions and I think they fit well with the Rose and Punky Heart which were stamped onto card, coloured then cut out and glued onto the pages
 
 
Thanks for visiting
Debbie

8 comments:

  1. Two lovely pieces of eye-candy, thanks so much for sharing your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. I particularly love the journal. I want to do one so bad but am fearful or ruining it. I like your idea of putting your favourite techniques inside the journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the bright colours of your first work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great makes I love the colours in the first
    Jackie d

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both beautiful but I do particularly love the way you have done the first card with the gelli plate and then the topper with those pretty colours. Then the warm tones of the art journal page with all that beautiful detail and then the lovely heart and tulip added which works superbly. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great techniques again! Love the blue on your card and the warm colours and words on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first is a stunner with the blues plus reds & made me smile when I saw the purple (blue+red=purple!!) Beautifully set off by the white space of the base card plus image panel & complemented by your accenting ribbon. I really identify with your use of inks for the Gelli Plate being cleaner to use than paint & thank you for explaining so clearly your reason for preferring it. With your journal pages it's the way you have used the black stamped images with their subtle colouring making them shine/glow against the background.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful pieces Debbie! The colour combo on the card is stunning and you might actually have inspired me to finally use my Gelli plate. I've somehow never got round to using it but I might be tempted to give it a try with inks instead of paint for a starter. Love your journal pages too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!