Pin It button on image hover

Monday 12 January 2015

Pink Punky Hearts (by Miranda)



Hello there,

Today it's my turn to show you some creations made with the new lovely Fluttering hearts and Punky hearts! And as always a joy to work with the new designs. I have used the very traditional pink colors for the ' love' theme. I have combined the Punky hearts with one of my favorite sheets ' Key to my dreams'. I have made a background with Distress paints and lots of water misting on a heavy watercolor paper. On the background I have also used one of the fragments of the Tangled fragments sheet. The stamping is done wit Memento Dye and Memento de Luxe inks. The keys are embossed with Wow silver embossing powder and coloured with water based markers.
The text ' You hold the key to my heart'  is a combination from two sheets. You can find the first part on the Key to my dreams' sheet and the second one ' heart' on the ' Artistic Expressions' . Maybe just an idea to do some mixing and matching with words sometimes. 




I don't do it often but this time I've made a special inside for my card. You can find the tutorial/video here. So I had more space to fill in with the new stamps. I had some left over pieces made with similar colors and coloured the images with color pencils.



Now on to the 2nd card, also very pink and bright!
This background is made using fluid inks , water misting and salt. The balloon is embossed with Wow gold embossing powder and coloured with water based markers. 




I hope you did enjoy my take on these stamps and maybe you are inspired to get out the inks and stamps and have a play. If you have any questions about the cards please ask!
Thanks for your visit and I enjoy reading the comments, till next time,




16 comments:

  1. Good Morning Miranda!
    Love the Gold embossing with the gorgeous shades of Pink!
    The keys are beautiful!
    As always Miranda.... wonderful work!
    Take care
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Miranda. Lovely warm colours. I love the soft background effects you have achieved both with the paints and the inks. Really lovely. As always you are so clever at matching up different stamps sets. The use of the Key to my Dreams set works perfectly and your colouring on both cards is lovely, with those highlights of white used to great effect. I really love the way you have coloured the die cut word too. Steampunk designs are never my favourite, but your cards still give me lots of inspiration I could use with other stamps. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Och weer zo mooi gedaan
    Ik heb nog steeds grote bewondering voor jou
    Gr. Akkina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used the harlequin Tangled Fragment to echo the harlequin pattern on the focal heart as well as the background hearts, The fragment's 'bubbles' echo the screwheads superbly as well as the wind-up key's butterfly handle holes. Your white accenting looks superb with the silver embossing of the keys. The inside of your first card could well give you two more 'front' designs; I particularly like your heart for the various 'rosettes' appear so dimensional. Your second card gives me the sense of a stormy sky & that 'love' will triumph for it rises above the challenges of life……..a little fanciful but the story is there in my brain prompted by your design.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous pink pinky hearts Miranda. I do love the gold embossing with the pinks it's a combo I must try myself as its not one I would naturally pick

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are stunning, thanks for all the pink-spiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning and vibrant . Love the colors .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two really beautiful cards Miranda, and those spicy pinks and oranges work perfectly with the theme. I love the pretty ornate keys and elaborate inside details on the first and the more watery background of the second which gives the look of clouds for that beautifully coloured balloon to fly in, and I love the way the sentiment has been placed so that it appears to be attached to the balloon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prachtige creaties Miranda. Super mooi!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you made so many beautiful things. What really speaks to me are those keys. How interesting they are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Schitterend Miranda. Prachtige kleur combi.
    Mooi stempelwerk. Groetjes Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is always beautiful.
    I particularly like the keys, just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Het blijft mooi hoe jij goud-embossing combineert met die prachtige stempels en kleuren! Mooi ook je apart gevormde kaart! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fabulous! Love the punky heart and all the pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cards Miranda but my favourite is the second one purely because of that awesome background! Both cards are a wonderful showcase for the new stamps.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!