Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Purple Punky Rose (by Debbie)

Happy New Year from me.
I love clean, quick to make cards although a lot of thought went into the colours I wanted to use.
I made the background for this card approximately five times as the splashes didn't fall quite
where I wanted them.
I used Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserve spray stains, dripping them with a pipette.
 
 
 
For the rose from Punky Hearts I stamped and embossed with black powder then water coloured with distress inks. (seedless preserve and crushed olive)
The edges were softened with Broken China ink and it was matted onto black card.
The Punky Hearts and Fluttering Hearts have certainly helped kick my mojo into gear
for the new year.
 
 
Thanks for visiting
Debbie
 

12 comments:

  1. I like the background you have created here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful!! Love the splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A simple but very elegant card, and the little random ink spots enhance the background so prettily. I love the watercolouring of the rose too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand your need to get the spots into the right positions - there's a lovely balance with the way you've got them & how the screw head of the rose is echoed by them in both colour & shape. I particularly like the way you used the black for matting against the white but - as you say - softened it with the blue, picking up on the Peacock Feathers spots.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very unique and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stylish and elegant and loving the spotty splashy backing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 times! What a perfectionist you are ;) - well worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have definitely proven less is more. I think sometimes it can be just as hard to do something clean and simple as it is to be more elaborate. There is no room for error. Taking 5 attempts for your background has definitely paid off. Your whole design looks stunning. Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and I'm looking forward to another great year of inspiration from you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could do clean and simple cards. Yours is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card, the flower looks as though it is 3d!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could have sworn I'd commented on your fab card Debbie ......must have got waylaid as usual but not this time as everyone is asleep, lol! Absolutely stunning clean and (not so) simple card. Beautifully coloured rose.....think I need that stamp ;D.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!