Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 20 January 2015

True Love, Be Mine and a Quick Make (by Shirley)

Hello everyone I hope you are doing well.

I have several designs to show today featuring the new gorgeous Punky Hearts and Fluttering Hearts.


The background above was created with Salty Ocean, Shaded Lilac Distress Inks using an acrylic block and water.   I also used a heart stencil with Distress Ink.     I stamped the bubbles from Decorative Edges with Seedless Preserves Distress ink and the large heart from Fluttering Hearts with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.

The images were stamped with black Archival ink and bleached with a little bleach & water and then coloured with Dylusions inks mixed with water on my craft mat.

I dry embossed the heart on the balloon and centres of the flower hearts on the back with a stylus and foam mat.  I also highlighted with a white pen and added stickles.    'With Love' is from Mackintosh Sentiments.

I used the lovely balloon again for this design below but stamped a different sentiment in the centre:


I blended Distress Inks using ripped card stock as a mask to create the background above.  I also stamped two fragments from Texture Fragments and flowers from Patchwork Landscape.  The balloon from Punky Hearts was painted with water colour markers.

And below is a quick make:


The above card with the pretty heart from Fluttering Hearts can be made in 10 minutes or less.  I drew a pencil line where I wanted to stamp which was easy to erase.  Thank you is from the Amazing Birthday set.    I hand drew a squiggly line around the edge.  Easy!

Thanks for your visit and have a great day,
Shirleyx

13 comments:

  1. As I said on your blog Shirley, two stunners today and the "quick" makes looks far from quick, very stylish in fact.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, the first being my favourite. The blue and purple together are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. The top card is really detailed with an awesome distressed background.Using bleach is an interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all lovely, I really like these bright colours on a cold and wintry day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your first two cards. The backgrounds are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. The balloon stamp is gorgeous and fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Shirley and the colours are delightful. I love the background details of both cards with the bubbles on one and the fragments on the other, and the fluttering hearts with the bird look so pretty in the foreground of the first, and then the hills and and bits of background detail including the tips of the hollyhocks in the foreground of the second work really well and make for an interesting design. The thank you card is lovely in blue and I like the addition of the freehand line round the edge. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW wonderful colours and background. Janny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards I especially love the elegance of the blue and white card

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dry embossing on the first has given super dimension & I like the way your bubbles decorative edge echoes the font of the Mackintosh sentiment & how the pinkness of the background is echoed by the colouring of the little flowers in the balloon. In the second sample it's your use of all the floral images in the backgrounds echoing those little flowers in the balloon that catches my eye plus your colour choices are a real delight. Your hand drawn frame for the final card echoes the font of the sentiment & I like the way you added a gem for each heart in the flower centre motif.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful scene on the first and beautiful BG and depth in the seconf! Both cards have a great delicate-feeling. The quick-card looks great CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Shirley! I especially love the layers for the background on the first card but they are all lovely.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grogoues cards Shirley, I especially love the two first ones, great colours and design!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!