Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 25 January 2015

True Love (by Asha)

Good morning, friends! Today I have 2 more card projects to show you, featuring the Punky Hearts and Fluttering Hearts stamps.


First up is an easel card, made using the the big heart stamp from the Fluttering Hearts A5 sheet. I heat embossed in white, blended some the Distress Inks and fussy cut to create His and Hers hearts. More Distress Ink for the background with some tone-on-tone stamping using a leaf from the Autumn Poppy A4 sheet. To finish this card I added some bling and ribbon.


For my second card I wanted to "soften" the punk in Punky Hearts. I started by creating a faux vellum feel for the background - made entirely with Distress Inks and a stencil. I also did some zigzag stitching to bring back some edginess. I coloured the rose with alcohol markers, fussy cut and adhered it to the card base. To bring back the punk - Metal!  Silver marker, silver eyelets and silver thread offer the perfect finishing touch.  The sentiment is from the Loving Sentiments A5 sheet.


With Valentine's Day just around the corner these love-inspired Punky Hearts and Fluttering Hearts stamp sheets will get plenty of use! As always, details of inks, colours, tools and other products used to create these cards are available on my blog. Don't forget to swing by regularly for more crafty ideas from the rest of the DT.

Beijinhos,
Asha

8 comments:

  1. Two adorable cards. I really love the effect you achieved with the stencil. So soft and pretty. Your flower really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards Asha, I love the way you have placed the two hearts in the first design. You colouring in the second is lovely, gorgeous soft background, coupled with a vibrant, beautifully coloured rose. Great work. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Asha. I love the easel shape of the first with those pretty hearts, but the second with the honeycomb stencilling behind the beautifully coloured tulip is my favourite. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole concept of 'His' & 'Hers' is carried through your easel card beautifully - even to double matting with red & blue cardstock as well as the easel stand. Your use of the green stitching on the stand makes the whole eye-catchingly cohesive. The way you nestled the red heart into the blue one is lovely. As ro the second - that's my favourite with your muted background providing a lovely foil for the vibrant colours of the rose. I particularly like your use of the zigzag stitch to frame the panel as it echoes the honeycomb shape superbly.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of two coloured hearts on your easel card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are really lovely, I always forget to use my sewing machine! Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great playing with back- and forground! The rosecard is my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely makes Asha! Love your shading on the rose.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!