Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 24 February 2018

Words and Pictures (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a couple of projects to share featuring the beautiful individual flower stamps that we brought to you on the TV shows last month on Hochanda.

Both projects were demos from the show, but the first project was designed to be finished in two ways, depending on how the sales of the items on the shows were going. Little did Lesley and I know that everything would sell out like crazy on that first show!

I decided to separate the word clouds from the flower images on my stamps, making it easier for me to create a lot of my projects, and I just cut them apart very carefully with some sharp scissors. I then slot them back together whenever I want to, jigsaw fashion, to create something with the design as a whole.

I stamped the words over a piece of tissue paper, and glued this to a small canvas with matte medium. Once the canvas was dry, I added some watered down acrylic paint. I stamped the Floral Delight image onto a whiteboard heart, masking it and adding some paint in the same colours as I had used on the canvas. I coloured the flower image with pencils, and added a single word to the heart to finish. This was the version that was seen on the show.

For the alternate version, I stamped the flower image onto a spare piece of card and coloured it with pencils as before. I stamped the word onto a die cut rectangle and added these to a canvas.

My second project was all about colour matching. I chose a pretty piece of patterned paper by Crafty Individuals, and stuck it to a postcard sized whiteboard piece. I stamped the Wish Flower, and coloured it with woodless pencils, toning the colours to match the background paper.

I painted a larger piece of greyboard with lilac and blue acrylic paint to match the paper, adding hints of green and orange around the edges, again picking up the colours from the paper, before stamping the words from the main image across the background using first and second generation stamping.

I hope that you have enjoyed the projects that I have shared with you today, and will give them a try for yourselves. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

6 comments:

  1. Three beautifully executed projects Judith and love the colour choices, and such a great idea to cut the words off the stamps to use individually as a background. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Judith, love this stamp set.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so beautiful Judith, gorgeous colours and designs, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Judith with such delicate colors, xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!