Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 20 March 2018

A Distant Folly by Penny



Good morning lovelies, I am so pleased to be back again to bring you this project.  I hope I find you warm and well - and hopefully not snowed in! If you are snowed in then grab a cuppa and a biscuit and join me for a few minutes of crafty inspiration.

This card was one of my samples for the tv shows last month featuring the beautiful Scenic Countryside stamps.  I have used stamps from the Sunburst Scenes, Country Views, Landscape Edges and    Words to Dazzle and Sparkle sets.  I have also used black Versafine ink for stamping and alcohol pens, Brushos and Distress Inks for colouring.


I began this project with a piece of whitecolouring card and stamped the wall image at the bottom of the card.  I used stamping tissue to mask the image then stamped it again to extend it the full width if the card.  I stamped several other images to create a scene and coloured them all in.  I added some hills and slopes with a black liner pen, to connect the separate images.



I used white charcoal to add some clouds to the sky, and some highlights on the river to give the effect of ripples.



I removed the masks from the wall and used a paintbrush to add water to each stone.  I then sprinkled black Brusho over the wet stones, I wanted the random colour burst of Brushos but with a bit more control.  There are so many lovely tones and colours in the black Brusho paint and I think they give a realistic look to the wall.  I wanted the wall to pop a bit more to give the scene perspective so I stamped it again onto acetate in black and embossed it with clear powder.  I then fussy cut it and attached it to the scene.



Using a large white base card I stamped several smaller worker images around the edges in different Distress Inks.  I then blended one of the colours around the outer edges of the card.  To complete this design I stamped a sentiment in black ink on the focal panel, edged the panel with black ink and matted it onto black card before attaching it to the base card.

  
Thank you all for joining me today, I hope that you have enjoyed this project and that it might inspire you to try something similar or at least get your crafty mojo going!

Take care until next time,

  Penny

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the lovely close-ups and instructions - the card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty scene Penny and love the background using some of the smaller stamps. A gorgeous card. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Pat, I'm glad you like it :) x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, love how you have framed it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracy for your kind words :) x

      Delete
  4. This is fabulous Penny, I love the way in which you have framed this masterpiece too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda, so glad you like it :) x

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!