Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 14 March 2018

Spring Garden (by Corine)


Not really sure where the time goes at the moment, I can't believe that it was last year when our guest designer for this month contributed to this blog.  Anyway it is my great pleasure to once again welcome back Corine van Kuilenburgh with the first of her three designs.



 Hello!

Here I am again. In March I will post three times a card as guest designer. I am very pleased to do this. My first project is a card made with a Gelli Plate Background.

I used stamps from the sheets:

  • Create a background with the Gelli Plate using acrylic paints. 
  • Emboss the big flower from Tangled Garden with embossing powder on the Gelli Plate background. Next stamp the flowers and leaves with Memento Luxe ink and colour the flowers with pencils. Emboss three butterflies on watercolorpaper, colour with markers and then cut out. 
  • Mat and layer to a folded card.
  • Attach the butterflies to the background as shown.
I hope you like this first project, next week I will bring you another design.

Kind regards,
Corine van Kuilenburg

Really love how the white embossing 'pops' on the vivid green background. Thank you for this beautiful project Corine, we look forward to seeing what you have in store for us next week.

And thank you for reading this post, please come back again to see what else our regular DT girls have lined up for you. 

 

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card. I love the vibrant colours you used, makes me think of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, adore the beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love your beautiful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, I love all the layers on this card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright and beautiful, makes you believe spring is definitely on it's way ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card, love your gelli plate background and the fab butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Corinne, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, love the layers and gorgeous colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Corinne, gorgeous colours too

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Corine and love the bright colours in the gelli plate background which contrast beautifully with the white embossed flower and butterflies. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I really must try to get to grips with my gelli plate :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!