Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 22 April 2018

Creativity takes courage by Brenda



Morning Peeps, Brenda here with some more Easter inspired creations.

To create the background on the top card I used a combination of Distress Inks and Pan Pastels along with Silhouette Palaces Mask. The focal image and lamps are from Serenity stamped with Versafine black, coloured and cut out before placing over the background. I stamped some Wisteria from Wisteria Lane across the top and crackle using Large Crackle Background around the edges and liquid pearls to finish.


This one has has a background of metallic acrylic ink which I brayered on to give a random finish and also used the rougher side of watercolour card as it adds nice textures to the finished piece. Using Versafine black I stamped two of the quotes from Artistic Affirmations, wisteria from Wisteria Lane and two little Doves from Serenity and finally some liquid pearls and gold glitter to finish.


This one is probably one of my favourites from those I created for the shows, albeit it the colours of Buddha from Serenity are not authentic as my ethics lecturer daughter reminded me several times. The background is made up of acrylic paints and crackle glaze with some stenciling using black DI, then the image stamped in Versafine black and coloured in with pencils and a fine line gold pen. The three words are from Artistic Affirmations.


My final share today has a focal panel created with Pan Pastels through a mask cut from a die, then with the mask still in place I used a stencil to add some background interest before stamping the Agapanthus from Wisteria Lane using Versafine black. After removing the mask I stamped a quote from Artistic Affirmations.

As always, my thanks for popping in today.


8 comments:

  1. These are all wonderfully designed and your colours and colouring beautifully done Brenda. I adore the background scene on the first, and the metallic acrylics give such a pretty look to the second, and the more neutral colours with the added crackle glaze on the third is very effective, and I love the more CAS finish with the lovely masked shape and the fabulous stamped flowers on the last. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing all!! My fav are the second and the last one. The second one seems a real scene on a lake... I can see the water, there! :) Love the textures and the masking you made, amazing result

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Brenda, love the different styles and gorgeous backgrounds.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous Brenda, love the colours
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Brenda, beautifully designed cards, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - I'm especially drawn to the last one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!