Pin It button on image hover

Friday 27 April 2018

Eastern Sunrise - by Penny




Morning lovely peeps, it's my turn and my pleasure to bring you today's blog post.  It's a mixed media card that I created for last months 'Eastern' shows, and I've used stamps from the Serenity, Eastern Grasses, Landscape Edges and Artistic Affirmations sets, Distress Inks, black Versafine ink, clear EP, stencils from my stash.



On a piece of white card I stamped and embossed the lady and two lamp images in black, then masked them.  I created the background with Distress Inks, and using a stencil I made a sunrise for the sky then I stamped some trees on the horizon.  The lady is meditating at the edge of a stream or lake so the bottom of the panel is blue and I added some clear paste through a stencil to add texture and movement in the water.



When the paste was dry I removed the masks and coloured the images with pens.  I then added glitter glue to the paste to give a shimmer to the water.




I stamped some floral images and a sentiment onto white card in black ink and embossed them.  I coloured them all in with DIs and cut them out. After matting the background panel onto black card and attaching it to the card I added the florals and the sentiment in 3D. 



This mixed media card is such fun to create, I hope I've inspired you to have a go yourselves.  Just look at your own crafty stash and see what mixed media artwork you can create! 
Thanks for dropping in today, I hope everyone has a great weekend.  You can see more details and pictures on my blog  https://ladypenelopesfabcraftyblogspot.blogspot.com

See you soon,

                                                        Penny

12 comments:

  1. Stunning, the colours are so vivid. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Penny and love the mix of bright colours and the glittery water, and wonderful masking to achieve this pretty scene. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your lovely comment Pat :) Penny x

      Delete
  3. WOW this is fabulous Penny, love the rich colours and gorgeous background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda for your kind words :) Penny xxx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely stunning piece Penny, I love the fabulous bright colours and composition of stamps, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you Kate, I appreciate your support as always hun xxx

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!