Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 18 February 2012

Dream (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, as you know Glenda has recently released a fabulous new stamp plate called Artistic Expressions over at Chocolate Baroque I absolutely love this stamp plate, as it has everything that I could possibly ask for to finish off a card or mixed media project. I love the big words, the swirls and the heart with wings. This plate is so inspiring, that I can't stop thinking of ideas!

Anyway, here is one of the ideas that I came up with, and I will be back over the next few days with some of the others, hopefully to show you how versatile these stamps really are.

I wanted to create a dreamy feel to my card, and so I used several colours of Distress inkpads to colour a piece of white card, and then spritzed the whole thing with a pearl shimmer spray. I stamped a tree from the 'Woodland Dreams' stamp plate, and a fairy from 'Dragonfly Faeries' before colouring them in with pencils. I embossed the big swirl around the edges of the card with a white pearl embossing powder for an ethereal feel.

I created a plaque using an offcut of mountboard, colouring it with Distress ink, and stamping it with the large crackle stamp from 'Echoes of Italy'. I then stamped the word 'Dream' before triple embossing it to give it a cracked tile effect.


Don't forget to keep popping back to see what the other Design Team members have created with these amazing stamps, and I'll be back in a few days. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as always Judith.
    love Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Judith very dreamy love it. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Judith. Good words and sentiments make such a difference
    Patx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plaque with the crackle is terrific & doesn't the "Dream" fit perfectly? Love those swirls & the way you have graded the background colours & then picked up the mauves in the fairy's wings. She fits beautifully under that tree.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!