Pin It button on image hover

Friday 24 February 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On Pastel Easel Card (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I'm back again with a sample using the great Crafty Individuals stamps available at Chocolate Baroque. The whole Britannia theme is so popular at the moment, isn't it?

I wanted to create a card using colours that weren't traditional for this theme, and set about using aqua as my basic colour. I have used a lovely Crafty Individuals swirl to decorate the background of the card, and stamped the sentiment onto seam binding ribbon. I added a large acrylic circle over the Britannia image, to represent a coin, and it makes a great stopper for the top half of the card. I had a great threepenny charm in my stash, and it was ideal for this card.

I pieced the flag together by stamping it three times in various colours onto a spare piece of background paper, then cutting out the pieces I needed. A piece of lace completes the vintage feel that I wanted for my card.


Keep checking back for more samples from the other Design Team members over the coming days. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

7 comments:

  1. Lovely colours and lace. I need to play with mine now . x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and love the pastel colors.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card Judith, the pastel colours work really well

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Judith as usual, especially using different colours. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Judith, love these gorgeous softer colours for the traditional theme. Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant with the threepenny bit to accent & I love your flag. The sentiment stamped on the seam binding is really effective too & I like the femininity of the lace which echoes the patterning in the flag.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!