Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 3 May 2022

A Bit of Sunshine (by Sandra)

Hello, I'm sharing some of my samples that I made for the April shows on Create and Craft.
The stamps that I have used are Sunny Sunflowers and Studded Lattice.

My first project shows how well these beautiful stamps transfer all the detail into Paper Clay. I started by rolling the clay out slightly larger than I needed and pressing the inked up stamp evenly into the clay. I found that using an acrylic block helped. I gently pulled the stamp off the clay and used a glass tumbler to cut out the circle. I used a skewer to make the hole and left it to dry. Once it was dry, I left it overnight, I coloured with inks and used Distress Ink around the edge.


For my next card I've been playing around with frames on my cutting machine..... I kept all the pieces in place and stamped the sunflowers and leaves, using Masking Tissue when needed. When it was all stamped I removed the Tissue and coloured with Distress Inks. I stamped the word Peace from Gold, Frankincense, Myrrh set and then layered over a piece of black card.


Next I used Masking Tissue again to stamp an edge of sunflowers on a 6x6 card. With all stamped images covered I then stamped the Studded Lattice over the top. I removed the tissue and coloured with Distress Inks.  I mat and layered and attached to the front of 8x8 card.


For my last card today I started by stamping a background using Dusky Damask and Distress Inks. I then cut two layers from and oval die. I coloured both layers with Distress and used the Studded Lattice on the smaller oval. I then stamped one of the sunflowers out twice and layered it in the centre. I used some mica in the the centre of the flower for texture.


 Thanks for looking

Sandra x

1 comment:

  1. Who doesn't adore sunflowers with their bright and sunshiny yellow look and love what you have made with them Sandra. The paper clay impression looks brilliant and so prettily coloured, and the second image cut into pieces and assembled with the black behind it is a lovely bold look, and then the off the edge look on the next is enhanced beautifilly with the Studded Lattice background, and lastly the softly stamped Dusky Damask background on the last with the wonderfully ornate shape of the frame in those super bluey green tones and more lovely lattice stamping behind. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!