Pin It button on image hover

Monday 16 May 2022

Mystical Weave (By Tracy Thompson)

 


This is my second post for this month, with samples from April's shows.  My first creation is using the Be At Peace stamp, I love this tree as to me it's quite mystical so I went for a purple inky background.  After stamping my tree and colouring it I created some hills in the background and a sun, using posca pens did some blossoms on the ground.  I splashed some water on my ink for interest, which then made it look more like a night sky and the water splashes then looked a bit like stars.




This piece is created using two different stamps - Open Weave and Floral Weave,   So for the base of the card I took the Open Weave stamp and stamped several times to cover the background.  Then using a green and a yellow ink I did splashes all over it for some colour which co-ordinates with the topper I made.  For my topper I did some smooching with green and yellow Oxides then stamped my Floral weave stamp over the top.  This is a simple card but sometimes they make good cards for people who don't like fussy things.

I will be back near the end of the month with another couple of creations, thank you for popping by.

Happy crafting

Tracy x

2 comments:

  1. A pretty background for the wonderful gnarled tree and the second is so pretty with the Open Weave background and the Floral Weave topper backed with the green and yellow washy background which looks great Tracy. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, lovely backgrounds and colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!