Pin It button on image hover

Friday 17 October 2014

Spooky fun (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with some Halloween inspired projects created using this months new stamps (you can find them here). I adore the colours of Halloween so I really enjoyed making these cards.

This project was made using Halloween Edges

I stamped the pumpkin edge and coloured with PanPastels adding some green in the foreground. I added Violet PanPastel and the shade to create the sky and then used a scalloped piece of card as a mask and applied black PanPastel to create the clouds. I stamped in the cobwebs and the spider from Book of Spells and used a pencil eraser to create a misty effect around the smoke.


I adore house stamps and this one is fabulous, there are so many gorgeous little details from the hanging basket pumpkin to the ghosts at the window. I stamped the images from Book of Spells and Things that Go Bump  and then coloured with Distress inks and distress markers. I stamped the cobwebs with versamark and then applied silver mica powder.

My next card was a very quick project made using pearlescent PanPastels for the background, its really shimmery in real life but very difficult to photograph.


I applied the Pan Pastels, masking of the moon and simply blending green, purple and orange pearl PanPastels. I stamped the ruined castle from Things that go Bump with versamark and embossed with Black embossing powder. I then stamped the cobwebs from Book of Spells with versamark and the bats (which are from Nevermore). I was intending to emboss them too but found that the versamark removed the ink and left a great shadow effect so I left them and just dusted orange Mica powder over the sentiment. I left the bloom around the sentiment for a spooky misty effect.

My last Halloween project was a quick make with Stampbord and PanPastels


I stamped the image from Things that go Bump over a background created by applying shades of blue PanPastel to a Stampbord ATC. I love stampbord and have used it with lots of different inks and it gives a beautiful effect with PanPastels too. I used a battery operated pencil eraser to remove the blue from the clouds and the ship. The beauty of stampbord is that you can use a variety of tools to scratch the surface and remove colour, this is great for creating highlights but its also very convenient for removing colour on detailed parts of the image. You can find Stampbord in lots of different sizes here.

Thanks for visiting today,
Claire xx



8 comments:

  1. These are all lovely, that deep purple background is very striking, moody - just right for the occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all lovely, and the way you have used the Pan Pastels on the first is so clever including those great clouds, and the background and use of the pastels on the third card with the dusting over the black embossing and the way the Versamark has left the shape of the stamps in the pastels, and such lovely colours too. Also the last with the way you have removed the pastel with the eraser to give texture works wonderfully.. The distress inks on the second card have been beautifully applied, and the cobwebs show up perfectly with the silver mica added. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you have used on the first card and the cobwebs on the second one, but all are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely collection of Halloween cards I especially like the second one
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claire these are amazing samples I love the all!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun and spooky cards! Great skies and backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such different cards! I love the purple cloud in the first card, it really looks like there's light shining on it, a great 3d effect.
    Then, theres the house. At first glance it seems normal, with normal colours. But then you see the webs creeping in, and that it's a kettle with bats on the right, and ghosts in the house!
    The ruined castle looks like standing on a solemn rock, high in the clouds, it's only occupants being bats. The text glows great, leaving the gloom around it was a very good idea!
    The last card, the pirate ship - I still very much like that stamp. Beautifull sky! the glitter/coating finishes it perfectly :)
    greetings,
    Debbie / Daqa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!