Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 9 July 2015

Brusho Bird (posted by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have an Oriental themed card to show you today using my favourite colours and some wisteria stamps taken from the Serenity and Wisteria Lane stamp sets.

I created my card by stamping and embossing the bird and bird cage from the A Little Bird Told Me stamp set using white embossing powder. I dropped Brusho crystals over the background, choosing green and turquoise for the bird, and violet and lime green for the background. I spritzed my card with water, and blotted it with kitchen towel, to lighten the colours, and mop up the excess water.

I stamped the wisteria images using water based markers around the edges of the card. I added some detail to the bird and birdcage using markers. Finally, I matted the background onto a white card base.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

13 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, adore the colours used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Just love the colours.
    I have left a message on FB. Hope you can answer my query. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Judith! I ordered these beautiful new stamps late last night ;-) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely the colours are gorgeous
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Brusho colour background is beautiful Judith and the white embossed bird and birdcage stand out so prettily and the Wisteria Lane stamps are the perfect frame to lead your eye into this gorgeous scene. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. the background looks amazing...i love those fab colours. A beautiful make x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love Brushos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so lose and as if you took a verry warm day...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous Judith, your colours are fabulous and I love the stamps you've used, beautifully designed, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely Judith, I love the lilacs with the turquoise tones, restful, yet vibrant as well, a really lovely combination and such a nice soft use of the Brushos too. The white embossing works perfectly and the choice of the wisteria stamp is ideal and fits so well in your composition. Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great background and colours Judith , I love this brusho card!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Judith, I keep looking at the box of Brushos and putting them away again, thinking that I will probably just make a proper mess. Maybe one day soon I'll build up courage to use them. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!