Hi everyone, I hope you have been enjoying all the wonderful inspiration from the Design Team. Today is it my turn to put the spotlight on one of our new single cling mounted stamps and I have chosen the glorious Floribunda Net for my artwork, working with Distress Stains as a painting medium.
This was a really much quicker to do than you might think.
- Stamp and emboss the image on an A6 piece of watercolour paper.
- Using the wet on wet technique, a water brush and Distress Stains in Wilted Violet, Dusty Concord and Stormy Sky paint each rose head in turn, followed by the buds.
- Repeat the same technique for the leaves and rose stems with stains in Crushed Olive and Forest Moss.
- When thoroughly dry roughly cut around the image and then use an Edge Crimper to distress the edges.
- Take another piece of watercolour paper, slightly larger than A6, tear two edges with a ruler and the third by hand. Make sure the paper remains large enough to use as a mat for the main image.
- Wet the paper thoroughly with a brush and then paint over with Stormy Sky and Dusty Concord stains, allowing the colours to bleed into each other.
- Whilst the paper is still wet use Wilted Violet stain around the edges and add more water if necessary to bleed the inks together.
- To finish mat and layer according to taste either on a black card for a dramatic effect or toning coloured card.
Embossing the image allows you to colour it in very quickly and the shading happens as the inks bleed together using the wet on wet technique, so you can afford to be less than precise.
Thank you for stopping by today and remember there will be lots more fabulous ideas from the DT girls to inspire you to get stamping and playing.