Pin It button on image hover

Friday 23 October 2020

Having a Lightbulb Moment (by Judith)

Hello everyone, for my final post this month, I am sharing two projects using the beautiful Lupin Blueprint stamp set. This fabulous stamp set is full of beautiful images, and some lovely sentiments. I really enjoyed working with this stamp set and will definitely be using it a lot!

For my first card, I created a background using a technique that Lesley shared with us on a Butterfly Tree get together. I painted a piece of scrapbook paper with white paint, then rolled Distress Ink over the top. I added stamping and stencilling with the same colours to create a collage effect. The whole effect looks very vintage, and makes a great background for the main image. I coloured the image with pencils, coordinating with the background colours. I also added some shading around the edge with Distress Ink.

To create my second card, I used a piece of scrap background from my stash box. This brightly coloured piece of card was crying out for some of the lightbulbs, and I stamped them across the yellow area in the middle of the page. I drew some lines at the top to hang the bulbs from, so that they were not floating in mid air. I created a matching background using the same colours of Distress Ink, and stamped the large lightbulb randomly over the top, using turquoise Archival Ink.

I hope that you have enjoyed our cards this month, thanks so much for stopping by. Take care, and stay safe.


Judith xx

4 comments:

  1. Each are so colourful and beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful designs and colours for these new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Judith and love the lupin with the lightbulb over that rollered and stencilled background and then the very bright and beautiful look of the second with the complementary inked background with the bulbs randomly stamped and then three more different ones stamped over the topper with more blended colour even brighter and cleverly placed over the yellow which makes them glow. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards Judith! The first one is a stunner I LOVE IT!!! It is so soft and elegant.
    The second card is also gorgeous! Love the backgrounds, and the stamp as well!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!