Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 13 February 2016

Vintage Flowers (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are enjoying the floral inspiration provided by my Design Team mates this month. I have a couple of cards to share with you today using the current stamps of the month. These beautiful large stamps make lovely focal images for cards, and they are suitable for so many occasions in the card giving year.
For my first card, I have chosen to use the Flora Musica stamp. I used a piece of vintage music paper, which I trimmed to size, and coloured the edges, using Fired Brick Distress Ink. I then stamped around the edge using an image from the Decadent Brocade stamp set. I cut an oval shape from a piece of smooth card, and coloured this with Antique Linen Distress Ink, and edged it with Fired Brick, as before. I stamped the Flora Musica image onto the shape. I stamped the image again onto another piece of card, and coloured it with alcohol markers, before cutting it out, and attached it to the oval background. I chose black card to mat and layer the panels, as it highlights the pretty edging stamp.

This card would be suitable for lots of different occasions, and for now I have left it without a sentiment.

My second card uses the lovely Crackling Rose individual stamp, and I have stamped this onto some mosaic stickers to create a tiled effect. If you would like to see how I have made this card, you can hop over to my blog to find out all of the details. The sentiment comes from the For Mum clear stamp set.

I hope that you have enjoyed my little bit of inspiration, keep popping back for more lovely projects throughout the month. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx


8 comments:

  1. These cards are stunning. You did such a nice job in displaying your roses in both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards. Your background in the first one just sets the stamp of beautifully and the second one is my favourite, the yellow is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards using these pretty new stamps Judith and I love both the backgrounds and the two different styles with the vintage and then rhe light and bright yellow. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just so beautiful Judith, Love them both, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely Judith. Loving the rose coloured yellow as it's not a colour I use very often but it looks stunning. Wow that's some fussy cutting on the first card if you cut the whole of the image out!!!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're gorgeous - both lovely, even the yellow ;) Not my favourite colour but you might just make me change my mind about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are unique.Love your technique of layering, Judith!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colouring and backgrounds on both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!