Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 24 September 2016

Spring Awakening (posted by Claire)

Good morning folks, Claire here with  an 8x8 canvas for our texture theme. I love this gorgeous lady,  and although it's Autumn here I couldn't resist colouring  'Spriing Awakening' for this project. You can find her here.



I added texture to the background using texture paste, I scored some 'rays' for a little spring sunshine with an old credit card and stamped into the texture paste with some of the stamps from Nature Fragments. Once it was dry I added a little stencilling, once it was dry I set to with acrylic paints to add some colour. I distressed the edges with walnut stain distress ink.

I coloured the image with Graph'It markers and cut her out before glueing her to the canvas.





I used my glue gun and acrylic paint to create the word Spring and then added a little gilding wax here and there and lots of embellishments for some more texture.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. Fab canvas, love the colours choice and the amazing textures! The lovely image is so beautifully coloured and all the details added complement it so well! The word with glue and paint is just stunning and accurate, such a clever idea! Thanks for this trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas Claire, gorgeous image and colours, fabulous textures and there is so much to see on it, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic canvas Claire and I love the colours you have used and lots of fabulous texture. Canvases are not something I have ever tried but thank you for the wonderful inspiration and maybe I will give it a go. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image looks so different like this; great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!