Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 26 July 2017

Elegant Peacock Mask (by Penny)

Today sees the final project from our Guest Design Team member, Penny Butler, for this month. She has created a fabulous Venetian style mask in a bold peacock theme.

Penny writes:

Hi everyone, I hope this finds you all well. I have a fun project today for you as my third Guest Designer post here this month.

I have used stamps from the Tangled Peacock and Peacock Parade stamp sets, gold gilding paint, Versafine Ink, gold embossing powder, black artist's pen, Distress Ink, gold acrylic paint, and gems from my stash.

On some white card, I stamped two tails and the body of a peacock, and embossed them in gold. I then cut the images out and painted them. I painted the mask with gold gilding paint, and when dry, I used a couple of worker stamps to decorate it. I then used the black marker pen to accentuate the eye holes. I added some gems from my stash to accent the tails, and added some more to the mask. I attached the tails to either side of the mask, and the peacock body to the centre above the nose. I also added a couple of tiny gems to the corners of the eyes, and finished the project by adding some ribbon to tie the mask on with.

A beautiful fun project for parties, home decor, or a keepsake.



Thank you Penny for such an inspirational way to use these stamps. Penny will be back to share more projects on the blog with us in a few months' time. You can see her work featured regularly in some of our compilation posts each month here on the blog, and she also contributes to the TV shows on Hochanda. Penny's blog can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by,





12 comments:

  1. Great idea and so beautiful with these stamps Penny, thanks for the inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea Penny. Thanks for sharing this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the gold and turquoise you have used on this mask Penny and the peacock design works really well. Such a great idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your mask is awesome Penny, beautifully designed and the colours are wonderful, totally unique, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever and inspirational. It just goes to show how versatile the stamps are and how they can be used in different ways, other than just on cards. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!