Pin It button on image hover

Friday 28 July 2017

From Summer To Winter (by Julie)

Hello, lovely to see you. I can't believe that we are nearly at the end of July so I thought I had better get my Summer Solstice card in quick as before we know it the Winter Dawn Lady in my second card will be the order of the day...


For my first card I stamped and then masked the Summer Fayre lady. Next I took the Seasonal Journey stencil and applied teal and orange dye ink through the Summer Solstice words and added white, paint pen, highlights. 
The shimmering sun has been stencilled with the Seasonal Elements using a sponge and yellow acrylic paint. Once dry I went over the entire background with Old Paper Distress ink and added more white, paint pen, highlights.
Once I removed the mask from the lady I coloured with pencils and then edged the card with Evergreen Bough Distress paint.


This beautiful Winter Dawn lady was stamped onto Kraft card with a blue Versafine ink and then coloured with Polychromos pencils. I cut the card to size and edged with Picket Fence Distress paint and Crystal Stickles. The base card was stamped with the snow flake stamp from Sparkling Trees, before applying the blue card-stock and the stamped Winter lady. The card was finished off with dabs of Crystal Stickles and die cut snowflakes.

Many thanks for taking a peek. Please call back very soon for more Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

5 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards, especially love your winter dawn one, looks so frosty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Judith, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Julie using the Summer and Winter ladies and I love the bright blues and yellows for Summer and the icy blues for the Winter one which give the feeling of heat and then cold. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards July. You can literally fell the change in temperature going from your first card to the second. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!