Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 16 July 2017

Poppies in her hair (by Brenda)


Good morning Peeps, I am back with some more shares using the Mackintosh and Seasonal Lady stamps that featured on Lesley's June shows on Hochanda.

Kraft card is something I am always buying but rarely use so I though I would try and remedy that and quite like how well it works with white and red, a combo that I will be trying again. Using the new masks which match the Seasonal Ladies I used the leaves from one of them and white Dylusions, masking section of the cardstock as I went along so the spray could be directed through the mask. Then using red Distress Ink I sponged the word repeatedly at different angles.

The lovely Summer Fayre image was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with detail white powder and coloured in the flowers and Butterfly with the same red Distress Ink. I stamped the Butterfly again and cut out and also one of the flowers, coloured both with the same ink, cut out and decoupaged.


Taking the stem Rose from Machintosh Beauty stamp set I repeat stamped with Black Archival to create a circle and coloured in with sparkle pens. The sentiment is from Amazing Mackintosh Words, stamped with the same black ink and cut out using dies and matted into the centre of the Roses.


The background of this card is Distress Inks and repeat stamped with flowers from Mackintosh Windows and Mackintosh Beauty. A strip of vellum placed across the middle and an image from Mackintosh Windows stamped with Versafine Black and heat embossed with detail clear powder, cut out, coloured with Distress Inks and placed over the vellum.


My final card has the lovely Winter Dawn which I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with detail silver, cut out with an oval die and went round the edges with a thick silver pen before mounting onto a base stamped with the same ink and powder and Large Crackle Background stamp. A silver bow to finish.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Love the poppies, but the roses a little bit more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Brenda. I'm a great fan of while ink on Kraft card, so this coupled with the beautiful red Poppies is just perfect. Love the other cards too, especially the third one as I love the stamps and colour combination. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been busy Brenda and they are all very pretty. I adore the white and red on kraft with the delightful poppies, and a clever use of a rose stem to create the circle, then the beautiful DI background with the Macintosh lady, and lastly the great combination of black and silver with the Winter Dawn lady looks so elegant, and love the colouring too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Brenda what a wonderful selection of cards, love the kraft card and the lovely colours, the black and white one is so striking, but all are beautiful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!