Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 6 July 2017

Spring (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a couple of projects to share with you today, showcasing some of the fabulous products featured on last month's second show on Hochanda.

For my first project, I used a piece of background watercolour paper from my stash, already coloured with Distress Inks, and added some stencilling, using the Useful Leaves Stencil and two different colours of green ink. I coloured some texture paste with green ink, and spread it through the Seasonal Journey Stencil, choosing the word 'Spring'. Once the paste was dry, I added some green gilding wax to darken the colour slightly, and add some shimmer.

I stamped two butterflies from the Just Butterflies stamp set onto acetate using Versafine Onyx Black Ink, and embossed them with clear embossing powder. I coloured the reverse of the images with alcohol markers,and cut the images out, before attaching them to the background. I chose a bright green card to mat the background.

For my second card, I stamped the lovely Spring Awakening image onto a piece of smooth watercolour paper, and masked the image. I coloured the background with Distress Inks, and added some stencilling with a honeycomb stencil in two opposite corners.

I drew through the twig section of the Seasonal Elements Stencil, using a water based marker, and then added some leaves, using a bright green marker. I used the same green to add the word Spring from the Seasonal Journey Stencil. I added some detail to the leaves with a darker green pencil.

I stamped a bee and butterfly from the Patchwotk Butterfly and The Rose Tree stamp sets onto acetate, embossing and colouring them exactly as I did in my first card. I removed the mask, and coloured the main image with pencils. I added some deeper shading around the edge of the card, and matted the background onto some purple card.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

9 comments:

  1. Both beautiful! Love the colourcombinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judith. Gorgeous cards. Particularly like the butterfly one, it is so fresh and springlike.
    Best wishes
    Carole:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judith. Gorgeous cards. Particularly like the butterfly one, it is so fresh and springlike.
    Best wishes
    Carole:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both wonderful cards Judith, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely :) I particularly like the first one, tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful cards and they really are just perfect for Spring. I really like the first one and your clever use of stencils. This is a good one if you need to make a quick card. Both lovely makes. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both lovely Judith. The butterfly card is my favourite. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two stunning cards Judith and I love the stencilled leaves and sentiment in such pretty shades of green, and then the Spring Awakening lady with the honeycomb all coloured beautifully, and what a great idea to add the butterflies and then the butterfly and bee on the second using acetate, just like stained glass. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creations dear Judith! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!