Pin It button on image hover

Monday 18 June 2018

Faerie Garden (by Deborah)

Hello everyone, here is the second post this month from our new Guest Design Team member Deborah Wainwright. Deborah has created a fantasy journal piece using a mixture of stamp sets.



Hello everyone, Debs here with my second Guest Design piece. This week I'm using my 8" x "8 journal. I blended the colours from the Little Birdie chalk paint set, Faded Denim, Muted Teal and Tattered Lace, to form the base of my background. Then with an Olive Archival ink I lightly stamped the leaves from Big Bold Leafy Background and heat dried it. Using Koh-I-Noor watercolour paints in light green I painted the leaves.


The next layer was a repeat of the last, using black Archival ink, again heat set and painted in shades of green. I then stamped the small fairies from May Fairy, as well as the butterflies. I placed them where they would be looking at my centre focal point, which was the fairy  from the March Fairy stamp set, stamped onto watercolour paper and fussy cut out. She was again painted with the watercolours, building the colours with layers to create shades and lights.




I also stamped some flowers from March Fairy and leaves to surround the focal point, and add some interest. I used a different hue of blue for the leaves so as not to blend with the background greens. To finish, I created a black border using the swirl stamp from March as a guide and then filled in from the stamp to the edge of the page. This created a series of ups and downs which looks random but in fact was quite deliberate.

I hope you enjoyed my second project and I look forward to seeing you all next week.

Hugs, Debs xx

12 comments:

  1. Una composición muy fantástica con colores muy apropiados!!! Felicidades por ello. Saludos y feliz semana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, my favourite fairy and your coloured and stamped beautifully, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, do love fairies

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is extremely pretty Deborah and love the colours of the main fairy and leaves, and the added silhouette ones add lots of pretty detail to the background. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I’m so pleased you like it 😊

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!