Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Waterfall background (by Debbie)

Hello. Another Autumn Fairies card from me using a technique I hadn't used for a long time.
The background for my card is made using shaving foam and Dylusions spray inks. I had cut many pieces of card ready to dip into the foam. I used a large tray and sprayed my husbands shaving foam onto it. Next, I sprayed many small dots of Pure Sunshine and London Blue ink all over the foam then used a coffee stirrer to mix them together. I then laid the card onto the foam and gently pressed the back, gloves are a good idea as the ink stains your hands. Lift the card off and leave to dry. Many prints can be taken before the colours runs out or is to mixed. The foam will rinse away ready to have another play. This technique is great fun as you are never sure of the print that is made. Before stamping the Fairy from the October set I rubbed with kitchen paper to make sure there was no foam left on the card. I stamped the Fairy with Versamark ink and used Black Glint Wow embossing powder. Finally, I trimmed, mounted and added to the white base card. I hope this has inspired you to try a new technique. Thanks for stopping by, Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful background for a beautiful stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background, I thought at first you'd used alcohol inks. I must try the shaving foam idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully striking & I love the effect your matting creates.The bold image of the fairy is beautifully balanced by your vivid colours too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous effect! I'll have to have a go at this! Lovely card!!
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!