Pin It button on image hover

Monday 21 December 2015

pastel steampunk


A bit of a change for me, a heart shaped hanger.
I covered with hanger with white gesso, then brushed the edges  with emulsion paint, using those little tester pots
Once the paint was dry, I stamped the new studded lattice background stamp across the whole shape, using a silver grey ink pad. The butterflies are from the steampunk butterfly set, stamped in dark blue ink, so that the antenna would be there.
I then stamped the butterflies again, once onto a sticky label (thanks Lesley for that tip) and once onto card, fusy cut out and glued over the original stamping. A lilac ribbon completed it.
                                                                                   The Country Market that I bake for is based at a local ex-Servicemen's club, and they always have loads of beer mats from the brewers, so I also altered some of these to make posher coasters. Same paints and inks, but the cog stamp from the set as a background, and butterflies on sticky labels again.
I did cover the back of the beermats with felt to hide the brewer's logo.

The steampunk set wasn't on my want list when it came out, as I only really loved the one stamp, but I found that it has become quite addictive since I started playing with it...............and you can use it for pretty as opposed to grungy. So don't write off that set you were dubious about - wait until it is on offer and then have a go, you may be as surprised as I was!

Thank you for looking, there is some lovely stuff coming up - best wishes for a happy Christmas

Veronica

6 comments:

  1. Love the idea of upcycling the beer mats xxxx and the heart is lovely . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your projects and the pastel colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects in this post Vronnie! Always love hearts as a basic shape and butterflies as an image so these are perfect inspiration for me.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!