Pin It button on image hover

Friday 7 October 2016

Sunny Autumn Morning (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with my first project for October. I love this time of year with the beautiful colours and chilly mornings, perfect for dog walking and of course a little crafting too. I've made a little wall hanging using stamps from Autumn Poppy A4 stamp sheet


I began by creating a distress ink background on a strip of white card. I used Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade and a little Barn Door. Once that was dry I stencilled in the sun using acrylic paints in shades of yellow and orange. Next I stamped in the images which are all from Autumn Poppy A4 stamp sheet using Potting Soil Archival Ink.



I coloured the images using  pencils, I was really pleased with the way the sun rays just show through the leaves and berries a little bit. I used my pencils to add some shading and grass around the toadstools and added some white spots with white gesso.



I distressed the edges with Forest Moss and Gathered Twigs distress ink and layered it up on brown card. Next I used corrugated card to create a base layer. I misted the card with water and peeled off the top layer and then just randomly applied shades of brown, red, orange and green acrylic paint. Once the paint was dry I added some highlights with gilding wax.

To finish off I added some string, a bow topped with a button and brass leaf.

Thanks for visiting today, 
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Claire what a stunning make, your colours are so rich looking and beautiful,fabulous images and inking, I'd love it on my wall. Wonderful inspiration, thank you, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous mixed media wall hanging!!! Love the vibrant colours tones!! Amazing stencils and stamps, you have created an adorable sene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zo mooi! Oh sorry: so beautifull! Looks like a super place to disappear in for a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, the colours are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very striking Claire and I love the colours and your combination of toadstools and leaves and berries which are such fabulous Autumn images. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire, Wow! I love this piece! The colours, the stamps, the pencil work - EVERYTHING! I NEED those stamps - Santa are you listening? ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!