Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Christmas Magic (by Penny)

Hello everyone, today sees the last of our visits from Guest Design Team member Penny Butler this month. She has designed a card using the first stamps that she ever bought from Chocolate Baroque. Can you remember which set you first bought? If you leave a comment for Penny, be sure to mention your first set of Chocolate Baroque stamps as well....

Penny writes:

Hello there, I've got a Christmas card for you today. I love the Nordic colours of red, blue and white on kraft card, and the tree stamps from the Christmas Flourish stamp set are perfect for a tag card. I blended red, blue and green Distress Inks onto white card for the background panel. I faux bleached a Holly flourish stamp randomly over the panel and added some words. I blended green Distress Ink around the edges, coloured another panel in red as a border, and matted and layered them.

I stamped and embossed the corner flourish image in white onto kraft card, then atached the background panel. I stamped the trees onto another piece of kraft card and used red, white and blue embossing powders. I cut the card into three tags with a tree on each, and edged each tag with green ink, punched holes at the top, and threaded twine through. I added a sentiment to complete this festive card.

Thank you for stopping by :)

Penny will be back next year with more projects to share with us. In the meantime, you can catch up with her over on her blog







4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Penny, love the images and festive colours, great use of kraft card too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tags from Penny certainly have that Nordic feel and the kraft card and stamping is so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a so creative card! Love the white on kraft for the tags and the colourful background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good on the kraft card :) I have those stamps too, must go play now I'm inspired, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!