Pin It button on image hover

Friday 4 January 2013

Eastern Sunset by Debbie

At this time of year when the sun rises late in the morning and sets early afternoon we all think of the summer and warmer days. My card today makes me think of being in a far off land, relaxing and enjoying the views.
The Pagoda from the new Eastern Landscapes clear stamps was stamped with Versamark and embossed with black powder them coloured with Alcohol Pens. The circle of paper for the sun was large enough to mask the Pagoda. Around the sun mask Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink was used and for the sky Tumbled Glass. I used Stormy Sky Distress Ink as I wanted to give the look of the Pagoda being in a lake. When I attatched the main image to the card I felt it needed a few more trees so stamped them in the corner extending the view. I love the sentiments it rings very true to me. Thanks for visiting Debbie

6 comments:

  1. That's really gorgeous. I envy people who can create beautiful scenes like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful the way you have complemented the stamp with the scene you have created !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card I'm trying to learn how to create scenes with my stamps it's one of my goals for this year

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particularly like the way you created the difference between sky & lake - very effective & that extension of the scene with the trees bottom right is a real masterstroke. It's one of the design techniques I'm becoming more & more aware of so it's lovely seeing it in action. The sentiment certainly is so true.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I agree with Paula. Beautiful! Clare ox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!