Pin It button on image hover

challenge blog link

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Purple Thistle (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well !

The new Rose & Thistle set includes a variety of designs to work with and for this card I used the pretty Thistle.   It reminds me of Scotland & how much I've enjoyed my trips over there with my husband visiting his wonderful family.    


I stamped the Thistle on smooth white cardstock with black Stazon ink and coloured with my Prisma Pencils.   I used a Spellbinder S5-015 die behind the Thistle.  I blended Shaded Lilac Distress Ink around the image.  The matting is deep purple, it appears darker in the photo. 

To create the background I started with a piece of  Basic Grey paper with a faint pattern  & over-stamped the Flower Sprig with Dusty Concord Distress Ink around the outside edges.  I used a white Prisma Pencil for a little highlighting.   I added two rows of rhinestone borders, but the light bouncing off them doesn't show how pretty they are (clear & mauve).

The beautiful scripted quote is from the Fresh Blooms set (another favorite) stamped with Black Versafine ink.


Thanks for your visit and have a great day !
Shirley

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the colours and the stamping and colouring is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colours are just gorgeous & I love the way you stamped over the patterned paper. The gems look dazzling & make me think of clear droplets of water gathering in the flower-heads. The deep colour of the matting really brings the whole creation alive with the twinkling of those gems.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful I love your colouring

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green and purple are a beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello
    Love your blog. You have some great ideas and beautiful pieces. Have you seen this press release and news article? Blogrower on Typobounty is a new game changing concept and could greatly affect online blogs like yours. You can become a registered hunter (it's free to join) and make money by finding errors on internet websites. Secondly, you can submit your blog on their site and increase your blog readership by allowing hunters to hunt for errors on your website. Imagine huge numbers of hunters reading every word. I just thought you or readers might be interested.For more information please check out the press releases at

    http://www.urlwire.com/news/051011.html

    or

    http://www.prweb.com/releases/Mediaudience/Blogrower/prweb9296906.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!