Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 17 January 2013

A little gift box (posted by Elaine)

I love heart images, so the new CB clear heart images are right up my street! For this project I used the Elegant Baroque heart which is so beautiful and crying out to be embossed. I decided to make a little heart shaped gift box.

 
I used a sturdy purple card as my base and cut four heart die cuts, two scalloped in the same size and two smaller hearts of slightly different sizes to allow me to construct a box where the lid fitted over the base. I used WOW Metallic Brass EP for the image and the edging on the lid and base, using a Versamark pen to work around the edge of the scalloped top and base to add that embossing.
 
 
I wanted to add some pattern to the sides of the box and I used one of the lovely Lace Fragment stamps that also has a heart motif in the design.
 
Glenda suggested this style of box would make a nice wedding favour box filled with sugared almonds. I really like this idea, although I am not sure I would want to make too many of them! Maybe ideal for a wedding with a small, but select guest list!
 
Elaine


7 comments:

  1. That is absolutely beautiful Elaine. I love the colour and the embossing. Not sure I would have the patience though!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful... I'm in love with all of choc B stamps.. Such beautiful results every time Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super idea, maybe favours for the top table only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful Elaine and so special.
    lovely greet
    marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Elaine

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful little box! So feminine and pretty! Well done, Elaine! Hugs, Clare xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elaine, this is fabulous, really pretty. You must have the patience of a saint! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!