Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Purple Thistle (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well !

The new Rose & Thistle set includes a variety of designs to work with and for this card I used the pretty Thistle.   It reminds me of Scotland & how much I've enjoyed my trips over there with my husband visiting his wonderful family.    


I stamped the Thistle on smooth white cardstock with black Stazon ink and coloured with my Prisma Pencils.   I used a Spellbinder S5-015 die behind the Thistle.  I blended Shaded Lilac Distress Ink around the image.  The matting is deep purple, it appears darker in the photo. 

To create the background I started with a piece of  Basic Grey paper with a faint pattern  & over-stamped the Flower Sprig with Dusty Concord Distress Ink around the outside edges.  I used a white Prisma Pencil for a little highlighting.   I added two rows of rhinestone borders, but the light bouncing off them doesn't show how pretty they are (clear & mauve).

The beautiful scripted quote is from the Fresh Blooms set (another favorite) stamped with Black Versafine ink.


Thanks for your visit and have a great day !
Shirley

8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the colours and the stamping and colouring is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colours are just gorgeous & I love the way you stamped over the patterned paper. The gems look dazzling & make me think of clear droplets of water gathering in the flower-heads. The deep colour of the matting really brings the whole creation alive with the twinkling of those gems.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful I love your colouring

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green and purple are a beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!