Pin It button on image hover

Monday 7 January 2013

Rococo Baroque Heart (by Shirley)

Hello everyone !    I have a card today featuring one of the new clear Baroque Hearts stamps.  They are such beautiful & romantic designs.

When I first saw the Rococo Baroque Heart my mind went immediately to a Romantic Victorian style but I wasn't sure what the name meant.   So I 'googled' to learn that Rococo was an 18th-century artistic movement and style which was ornate and made strong use of cream & pastel colours, asymmetrical designs, curves and gold.  The talented designer used lots of ornate detail for this heart, I love it.
 



The background behind the Rococo Heart was created with Salty Ocean & Picked Raspberry DI & water.   I added a pattern using the TCW mini Harlequin Stencil with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.  I embossed the heart with black, coloured with my Tombows, & cut-out to attach.

Love is from CB's Artistic Expressions set (which I use a lot!).   The rolled rose dies are by Die-namics and the leaves are Crealies - #CLCS11.    To create the flowers I used white cardstock coloured with Picked Raspberry & Salty Ocean Distress Inks.    I also added texture with a flower fragment from Texture Fragments before I cut the flowers out (inspired by Miranda!).    I used a  lacy Rectangle Die cut (Spellbinders S5-090) behind the blue background.

 

Thanks for your visit and stay tuned for more creations from my talented team mates !
Have a great day,
Shirley

5 comments:

  1. The colors on these card are great! (Just my "cup o'tea") The heart stamp is beautiful and by the way you used it its got a further dinemsion! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you have used for this card and the heart stamp looks great

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing combination of colours - I love the way you brought out the green tones with your colouring of the actual heart itself. Another super example of multiple stamping with layers.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous creation! I don't know what it is about these colors together! Awesome work, Shirley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Einfach romantisch und wunderschön...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!