Pin It button on image hover

Friday 30 January 2015

Gelli Heart (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with a Valentine card made using 'Punky Hearts', I love these new stamps and had a lot of fun making this card.


I began by taking making a background using my gelli plate and brayering on some Rhubarb Stalk Memento Ink. I used the 12x12 Prima 'Flowers' stencil and took some prints. I used one as a base for this card, over stamping with the heart background stamp and also inking in some of the flowers using the same stencil. I used a corner punch to round the corners and matted on white and then black card.

To create the topper I stamped and embossed the clockwork heart stamp with Gold Embossing powder and added colour with pencils before inking around the edges with Rhubarb stalk and black ink. Again I matted on white and then black card.


I used a red card blank and popped the heart topper up on 3d foam pads and added a red bow topped with a black button to finish off.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. Wow love the way the textures and colours give so much depth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very striking Claire, and I love the hot and spicy colours you have used and all the layering up. This makes a brilliant valentine. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your matting onto white & black with rounded corners has given a lovely softness to this whilst the topper itself & the harlequin hearts of the background help to retain the steampunk edginess inherent in them. Your button picks up the black matting beatifully & I particularly like the way your gold embossing adds warmth & decadence to the whole design.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire you made a fabulojs card. I really like the background and the gold on the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's obvious that you had fun making it :) it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!