Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 1 January 2015

Love in 2015! (by Maria)

Happy New Year to you and to all your family. I hope you enjoyed the start of another wonderful year. I wish you all a very heathy year, and a lot of stamping creativity with all the wonderful stamps of Chocolate Baroque. We go for it, I hope you do too!
Today I start with a lot of love for the new year, using the new stamp sets Fluttering Hearts and Punky Hearts I hope you like my samples.

To start the new year in a smooth way,  I stamped my images with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and coloured them with Distress Inks. I cut the images out, but left the die cut on the cards and used some Distress Inks to colour the borders of the images. After the ink was dry, I took some waterdrops and here and there I spread some drops on my background. With a heat tool I dried everything and I took the die cut off my card, so that I got a white border on the card.
For the first of a new year I didn't want it to be to difficult, I hope you like it!
Have fun!

Maria

10 comments:

  1. I love the colours you have used on the cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was struck by the lovely colours, the images pop out at you..... so pretty!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great I too really like the colours you have used. I'm loving the new stamps too I had a voucher for Christmas so I feel a spend coming on lol
    Happy new year to everyone at CB
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely new stamps and such pretty colours you have used. I think leaving the die in place so that when you ink you get a white edge is a great tip. Happy New Year Maria. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness these are so cute. I love the colours, so rich and vibrant. I particularly like how the die was left on and a white border was created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The polka dots of the base card add lovely interest & I particularly like the way your far right card's water splatters echo the wavy pattern of the heart. Your varied use of tones in the same colours for both background & focal images is fascinating.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveing this new stamp set and these cards are marvelous. The colors are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ik vind dit een prachtig drieluik! Mooi hoe dat roze en groen samenwerkt en zo fijntjes die kleurovergangen! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very striking colour combo and I think I'm in love ...... with that rose image!

    Lovely trio Maria!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!