Pin It button on image hover

Friday 16 January 2015

Ophelia by Doreen

Hello to you all, I am sharing sample made from the new stamps that have just been released.

I have made this using Stampbord....I started by inking the stampbord with distress ink then using Black Archival ink, stamped the image "Ophelia"over the top. When dry I then got a Scratch Knife and started to scratchaway where I thought the highlights should be. This was then matted onto some black card.
I really enjoyed doing this it was my first time but have done many more since.


7 comments:

  1. Lovely, I really must use my Stampbord stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it is a beautiful sample! Love the highlights in white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interesting technique. I love the aqua colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your use of the blue with the black plus the white detailing of the stampbord reminds me of Wedgwood Jasper Ware. She's very striking presented in this way & I particularly like the effect you created with your detailing of her hair.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never used Stampbord, but this is very effective

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely and bright and the stampbord scratched back for the highlights is just wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This image lends itself beautifully to be used with the Stampbord. Lovely highlighting Doreen. I always find doing the scratchwork very theraputic ;-)

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!