Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 22 May 2018

Wishes and Honey by Penny

Morning everyone, I hope you are all well and enjoying the lovely weather we have had lately.  It is my pleasure to bring you a couple of projects today, a couple of cards from the 'Bee' shows on tv last month.  

Make a Wish


For this card I have used stamps from the Rose Tree and Honey Bee sets, Distress Inks, silver sparkle embossing powder, Versamark ink.  On a piece of white card I blended the Distress inks to create a background, I stamped several small floral images randomly over the card plus a small bee, using the same inks.  I then stamped and embossed the Dandylion image a few times and added the seed heads  as if they were floating away on the breeze.



I took a white base card and stamped a floral image and the seed heads around the edges using one of the Distress Inks then matted and layered the focal panel onto it.  I blended the ink around the outer edges, then stamped a sentiment from the Words to Dazzle and Sparkle set.  I die cut the sentiment, added ink around the edges and attached it to the card.



Honeycombe

This time I have used stamps from the Honey Bee and Baroque Meadow sets; Distress Ink, Versamark ink, white embossing powder, white gesso, pearlscent paints, a stencil and a die from my stash.  



On a piece of Kraft card I stamped the Honeycombe image and embossed it in white.  A little way below I added white gesso through a honeycombe stencil.  I trimmed away the bottom edge of the Kraft card to accentuate the honeycombe pattern.  I painted the bees then matted the panel onto yellow card.


On a white base card I stamped the grasses in yellow Distress Ink along both side edges then attached the focal panel.  I took a spare piece of Kraft card and stamped one of the bee images onto it then embossed it in whiteas before.  I coloured and cut out the bee then added it to the card.  I used another piece of Kraft card and a die from my stash to create a large bee embellishment and added it to the card.  I then stamped and embossed the words onto Kraft card and cut it into a panel before attaching it to the card with 3D foam.  To complete the project I added a couple of metal embellishments that compliment the honeycombe patterns on the card.


Thank you for popping in today and joining me, I hope you have enjoyed these projects.  Take care and happy crafting till next time,


                                                             Penny

5 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards Penny and the blue tones look wonderful with the silver glittery dandelions and the background stamping on the white card brings it all together beautifully. The white embossing is a good contrast to the brown of the kraft card, and the white gesso stencilled honeycomb goes really well too and love the yellow grasses and the added fun die cut bee and small hexagons are a nice touch too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, I adore the bee card with the fabulous honeycomb.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're gorgeous but the blue one really does it for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards Penny, your stamping is amazing and what fabulous colours, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!