Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 20 May 2018

Back to Nature (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I am sharing a few more cards showcasing the beautiful stamps that were featured on last months Hochanda TV shows. You may have caught some of these cards on the shows.

For my first card, I have used one of the very versatile whiteboard shapes made by Tando, exclusively for Chocolate Baroque. These shapes are great, already being white, as they can be inked up straight away without needing any preparation. I added a bit of soft colour in tones of orange and green, and did the same to a piece of drawing cartridge that was going to become the card background. Using a honeycomb stencil, I added some colour using Distress Ink, repeating this on the background. I stamped a bee on the heart, using Versafine Onyx Black Ink, and masked the image, before stamping a foliage image from the Essence of Nature stamp plate. I coloured the bee with pencils, and added a sentiment to the heart.

To complete the background, I stamped the honeycomb image from the Honey Bee stamp set, again colouring the bees with pencils. I added stickles to the bees' wings. To complete the card, I added some green ribbon and green card as a matting layer.

For my next card, I chose an old book page and stamped the pretty foxglove image on to the paper. I added two bees, and coloured the images with pencils. I added some shading around the edge of the page, and then stamped a pretty fern image from the Wild Meadow stamp set around the edge, using two coordinating colours. I used the same foxglove and bee images to stamp over some kraft card to complete a background for the book page focal image. I selected some deep plum card to mat the layers.

My final card was a fairly quick card showcasing the fabulous Textured Art card that is available on the website. I coloured the card very quickly by placing Distress Ink on my craft mat, spritzing it with water, and laying the card on top. I stamped the lovely butterfly tree from the Essence of Nature stamp set, and added the small tree either side, to create the appearance of a little woodland. I added some colour under the trees to 'ground' them, and painted the butterflies.  Adding the main sentiment was all that was needed to complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Judith! All three cards are lovely, but I'm partial to the last one. Beautiful! I like the way you've stamped the trees, matching the tops- it makes them look like a large canopy. I'm in England! We arrived one week ago, and will be here 7 months! I'd love to meet you! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fabulous makes and especially love your Honey Bee card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all Judith. No 2 is my favourite. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three are great but I do love the bee. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful designs Judith, I love the images and your colours, no favourite love them all, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Judith, love the bees and the butterfly tree too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous cards Judith and bees and honeycomb look great in those pretty colours, and love the green ribbon, then the gorgeous foxglove look very happy on the old book page and such a super background with the ferns all around to frame it, and lastly a wonderful design with the two smaller trees and the central butterfly tree to create a delightful woodland with such a pretty blue and green background. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three lovely cards, thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!