Pin It button on image hover

Monday 11 June 2018

Tranquil Wall Hanging (by Deborah)

Hello everyone, today sees the first of three posts this month from a new Guest Design Team member Deborah Wainwright. I am sure that you will all join me in welcoming Deborah to the Team, and that you will be inspired by her fabulous artwork. Deborah has kindly written a few words about herself to help you get to know her a little better:

I am a self taught Mixed Media Artist, Illustrator and Designer. I am fascinated by colour and texture and use both intuitively when I paint, draw, stamp or make stuff. I love to use different mediums, such as acrylic paint, ink, watercolour paints and encaustic, in fact I use whatever I am drawn to in the moment, including recycling.

I taught art journal classes where I lived in Essesx, and recently taught a very successful class at Tullie House Museum and Gallery and have more dates for more classes later in the year. My art has been published in a book, 'Learn to Paint Made Easy', and I am regularly published in craft magazines.

I am inspired by the world around me, and express myself through my art. I love to paint expressive portraits, and often have 'girls' nagging away to be given life on my canvas. Another love is flowers both those around me as well as those that live in my head.

Debs xx


Deborah has created a delighful mixed media piece for her first project, here is what she has to say:

Hello everyone, Debs here, and I'm thrilled to be joining Chocolate Baroque as a Guest Designer. For my first creation I started with a wallboard which I had given a crackle background. On top of this I created my first layer of flowers, which I then coloured with pens.
On a separate piece piece of plain white card using Black Archival Ink, I stamped the focal points and heat set them. Using my favourite watercolour paints I painted the images, before fussy cutting them out. I then attached them to the board. To finish, I added some gold paint around the edges of the board.


Stamps I used were elements from both the Tranquility and Serenity stamp sets.


 Hope you enjoyed this little board, see you all soon,

hugs,

Debs xx


Deborah will be back next week with another post. You can find Deborah's blog here.


14 comments:

  1. Looks super! Looking forward to see more work from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Deborah. What a lovely project. I particularly like the background.Look forward to seeing the rest of your samples.
    Best wishes Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Deborah. Stunning piece of work and love the background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es un trabajo impresionante. Felicidades por ello, besos y feliz semana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you on the GDT Deborah and this beautiful piece of work is a great start. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning work Deborah, the colours are fabulous. Welcome to CB and looking forward to seeing more inspirational projects, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous piece of art Deborah, love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!