Pin It button on image hover

Friday 28 October 2011

Autumn's lovely Smile

At this time of year, I love all of the different shades of brown and red around on the leaves, and I wanted to reflect that when I used these lovely new stamps from the 'Woodland Dreams' stamp plate. I chose to stamp my images onto Kraft card, to create a muted background, and used clear embossing over all of the images. I used a green ink to add shading around the edges, to correspond with the ribbon that I used. Lastly I used a sentiment that I am very fond of from the 'Nature's Peace' stamp plate, which just went with this card perfectly.





There are some fabulous images on this stamp plate, as you will have seen from Glenda's introduction. Keep checking back for more samples this week from the Design Team. Judith xx

8 comments:

  1. I love the swirly leaf in your background Judith, and it's one of my favourite Autumn quotes. I would like to see it in orange and brown. That pale green to me says 'Spring', but it is still a great card. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judith that is one of my favourite saying as well and I love this card very evocative of Autumn. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant card with these oh so tempting stamps. Love the sentiment too

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love the group of trees & you're colouring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card Judith. I love the new stamps and they've been added to my wish list, the trouble is it's so long at the moment.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card Judith, I love these new stamps they are really calling to me lol

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is lovely, every time I see another sample posted from this set I have to go take another look at it to spot the stamps used! There are so many on there, I'm lusting dreadfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green edging & matting with two paler green tones whilst stamping the image & some leaves with the brown. It really is effective on the kraft, espcially when paired with the lighter green matting & selective darker green stamped leaves.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!