Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Oriental kimono card (posted by Elaine)

As soon as I saw the new Oriental Crane clear stamps, I was inspired to make a little kimono. Using a base of copper pearl paper, I cut and folded a little kimono shape and I embossed cherry blossom branches in gold EP. I used this colour scheme because I had some beautiful hand made Japanese paper covered in cherry blossom, and I used this to line the kimono.

 
On the back of the kimono I embossed the Chinese pheasant design.
 
 
Then I made a sash with gold paper embossed with copper EP. I finally mounted the kimono onto an 8 x 8 card using the gorgeous handmade paper and a little pocket I made to tuck the kimono into. I finished off with die cut cherry blossom in blending colours and a fancy edging to my pocket.
 
 
These stamps offer so much scope for varied projects as the other girls in the DT have already show and the usual crisp detail of CB stamps make them a pleasure to work with.
 
Elaine 


4 comments:

  1. This is so different & original - it just had me catching my breath. The cherry blossom with the gold centres & those little brads to embellish are such lelegant touches to a very classy card. Beautiful.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! You really show that there is more you can do with one stamp! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea + gorgeous paper and stamps = Beautiful card!
    Love it
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant I love the originality of the idea

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!