Pin It button on image hover

Monday 24 June 2013

Sparkly peacock easel card (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with an easel card using one of the beautiful stamps from Peacock Parade. While I just love the gorgeous vibrant colours we all associate with peacocks I decided to use more of a muted colour palette to create a masculine project.


I used a shaped card blank and covered it with papers from the Peacock Summer Party Cd, adding faux stitching around the edges with a black fineline pen. I also covered another card front with the same paper for the front of the easel. I stamped the peacock 3 times with versamark on some pewter card  and embossed with sparkly black embossing powder. You can see the sparkle a little better in this photo:


I've decoupaged the image and added some gems in the corners and created a large black bow to prop the easel up. Hope you're enjoying all the ideas with these beautiful new stamps
Thanks for popping by
Claire xx

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! What a great effect! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to smile at this for I was thinking something similar with that very peacock image in terms of layering. Love the soft elegance of this & I'd definitely class it as masculine too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card love the effect so elegant. Lynda x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!