Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Sparkling snowflakes and a penguin party (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with some more Christmas projects made using this month's new releases. I love the snowflakes on 'A child is born', they are such beautiful stamps I wanted to put them centre stage rather than use them for a background so I've made a little bag charm and matching gift box.


To make the gift box I took a paper mache book box and applied texture paste around the side, while it was wet I ran a comb along the edge to create 'pages' and left it to dry. Once it was dry I gave the box a couple of coats of off white emulsion paint and again left it to dry.

While the paint was drying I stamped the snowflakes on to tissue with versamark and embossed with Wow Gold embossing powder, I cut them out and then peeled off the top layer of the tissue. I applied the tissue snowflakes to the box with matte medium and again left it to dry thoroughly. To finish off I've embossed all the edges with gold embossing powder.

Here's a view of the inside of the box


To make the bag charm I took a copper blank and painted with white acrylic paint. Once the paint was dry I stamped and embossed the snowflakes and then carefully applied a clear two part resin. I was planing on adding some beaded snowflakes but I'm so slow at beadwork these days they may not be ready until next Christmas.


My second project today is a fun card made with Snowy Penguins


I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and added some colour with Graph'It markers before cutting them out and popping them on to a side step card. I've added a computer generated sentiment, some die cut snowflakes and icicles and then added lots of glitter for some snowy sparkle.

Thanks for visiting today,
Claire xx



8 comments:

  1. Very classy snowflake project and super cute penguin card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this box and charm. So olde worlde.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous - and very different - projects today, love them both, tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects Claire. Adore your box. That is such a clever idea to use the comb for the book pages. Inspiring as always.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning book box and charm! And great shapecard and funny too with the pinguins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fab projects. Those penguins & snowman are sure to always raise a smile!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this project are really great , I love your present box a lot, great juwelery and super cut card!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bautiful detail with those 'pages' on the box & thank you for the detailed description of how you applied the images using tissue paper. The bag charm is a very novel idea too. I had to chuckle over your penguin card - brilliant to have them facing different directions on the tiers - after a very stressful day those penguins really cheered me.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!