Pin It button on image hover

Monday 8 July 2019

A rose garden (by Rachel)

Hello there! Its Rachel here today sharing the first of my samples from the June shows. For these samples I used the stamp sets Rose and Thistle and Rose set. I used various techniques to create these samples. In this first card I created a background using inks and the gelli plate  and stamped the main image from the rose stamp set onto the plate itself without any ink. I pulled the print and then added further stamping to that using the single rose stamp from the rose and thistle stamp set.


Next I made a monolith - I covered it in blue paint then overstamped with the small rose image that I painted in using translucent paints. I added the main image then from the rose stamp set which I had painted and fussy cut.


This next one was made using the rose and thistle set - I stamped in grey on the background then added the same image to a piece of card developed using a gelli plate and ink again. The image was then coloured in water colour pencils.


Finally I decorated one of the paint brushes from one of the show specials..I think it was from the May show.



I used the fabric and flowers that also came with that special set and added some paint too and some fussy cut stamped images!

I hope you can find some inspiration here!
Big hugs

Rachel xx

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous pieces, love them all and especially the creative paintbrush!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pieces of art work, love the paint brush xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much...you're both very kind xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous inspiration Rachel, I love all your makes, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are all amazing using these two pretty rose stamp sets Rachel, and love the colours you have used, and also a great mixed media piece using the large brush. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful collection xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!