Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Buddha creations by Miranda





Hi there,

I hope everyone has had a joyful Christmas and I wish you all a lovely and healthy 2014! I hope we can share a lot of new inspirations and make the world a bit more beautiful with the lovely designs of Chocolate Baroque.

I have worked with the new beautiful stamp designs of the Buddha's! The sheets are called 'Serenity' and 'Tranquility'. They are just up to my street as I love Buddha's. I was inspired by stone and wood images of Buddha's so here is my interpretation.......... I've used the 'Serenity'sheet here.
The first one is the 'stone' version made on grey Canson paper and cool shades of Pan Pastel and pencils. On the background I've used the Abstract elements, the craqueled stamp of the Echoes of Italy and one of the ornaments of the Indian stamps because they are such a good match with these Buddha's.


The quote is from the Words of Inspiration........




Here you can see the lovely shine of the metallic Pan Pastel added over an Indian ornament.

The 2nd one is the 'wood' version made with warm shades and gold accents. I've used also the Abstract Fragments , the Textured fragments and the Indian stamps in the background. Also made the base with Pan Pastels on brown Canson paper and added  accents with pencils afterwards.



the rich shine of the metallic bronze Pan Pastel......


I hope I gave you some ' serenity and tranquility' after these festive days and also some inspiration with these gorgeous stamps! Just one more day to go in 2013 and than up to the next year, 2014!

See you next year,





18 comments:

  1. Hello Miranda
    The Grey is so stone like, you forget that this has been created on paper, and not stone!
    Love it... absolutely beautiful ..thank you for all your inspiration this year Miranda!, Just wish I had one ounce of your talent!
    Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really beautiful cards Miranda that exude serenity. I often forget to use grey and your first card reminds me why it is so effectve. The way you have layered up the crackle and Indian textile stamps is lovely and the effect with the metallic pan pastel is so gorgeous and matching that sentiment is inspired. The warmer colour scheme on the second is also lovely, copper is one of my favourite colours to work with. Your colouring on both is sublime as always, they must have taken you ages, but the effort you put in to showcase these lovely stamps is so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ze zijn weer super mooi Miranda! Mooi zijn de stempels ook! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning work Miranda - really gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two absolutely gorgeous works of art, and so fabulously detailed, where to start! I love all the different fragments in the backgrounds and the finish achieved with the metallic Pan Pastels - one cool, one warm - making the backgrounds look like wonderful pieces of brocade. So cleverly designed. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful projects - they are both stunning, I don't think I can choose between the stone or the wood! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you have used basically the same design for both but varied it not only in colour but subtly by using different elements for the background. I like your interpretative vision of stone & wood beautifully expressed by the two different shades of paper used for the substrate. I particularly like the stone one - it's the combination of the pearls on his/her pedestal & how their shine is echoed by the tassels & the metallic PanPastels.
    Thank you for all your hard work throughout the year & wishing you a all the best for the 2014.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you did a beautiful job, but I think my favourite is the bronze. I love the richness. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous creations and fab use the metallic PP's, thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Miranda this is so gorgious you are really the stamping queen , such beautiful use of these great stamps , I love your techniques a lot!!!

    Greetings and a happy 2014!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Miranda. I do love them too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two fantastic cards, I never cease to be amazed at how different stamping can look when you use different colour combos and techniques
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW these are amazing! Fabulous colours and loving the different techniques you have used.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Completely stunning & utterly beautiful cards, the second one is especially wonderful. A very Happy New Year to all the CB DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. seriously great cards, small works of art that look brilliant your talent shining through. love the depth the colouring, composition, all really. thank you for the inspiration. I'll have a go on grey soon myself not thought about doing that before. happy new year to all at CB x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Miranda, these are both simply stunning. I love the colour schemes in both! Your colouring gives such depth and beauty to the composition, they are more works of art than cards. I wish I was even a little talented as you!
    Thanks for sharing such gorgeous inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!